Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday at School

I was scheduled to visit classes in Biology, Economics, English upper classes and lower classes and a class in math - this would have been hard to reschedule so I made it school feeling a little weak. My doctor(Nina) took my temperature a couple of times while I was there. It was very interesting to see the classes and to try to answer the student's questions - especially in economics.The children in the biology class are working on a special project to build a garden near their school. They had completed their research, constructed a plan and were now looking for sponsors for their project. The students in upper English were learning about transportation, while the students in lower English were learning about pollution and how to apply why - because. The students in math were studying coordinates and the economics's students were looking at economic patterns. One student asked me if I could compare the economics of today in the US with the economics of the 1980s. I am afraid that I was at a loss.
The afternoon activities were canceled so I could take a nap. I expect to feel much better tomorrow.

6 comments:

Mary Tingberg said...

Hey, Cindy
I am so sorry to hear about your virus. Keep your chin up - it has to pass soon! It sounds like you are in good hands, though. Please tell your "medical team" that we appreciate how well they are taking care of you. This morning I went to a website and visited Nizhny Novogorod (sp?). I enjoyed seeing the sites! I did not realize how many people lived there. Here's hoping tomorrow goes better for you. See ya...

Darin said...

I am also sad u r not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. The good new? The world is truly flat...I am reading your bolog from Russia while in Washington DC...on my Blackberry while having dinner! Too cool. Take care, Darin

Darin said...

As for my previous post. The text on my Blackberry is really small and my arms r 2 short. Sorry for the typos.

Grabe said...

Hey - the "plan a garden" concept is similar to what I had hoped North Dakota Game and Fish would do with the OWLS project. I think the limitation here was that not enough responsibility was placed in the hands of the students.

Hope you are feeling better. Your class went OK without you, but I did not get through as much material as you had outlined for the day.

Mark ;)

Elena Moskalenko said...

Hey, Cindy :)
it's Lena :))
i hope you feel much better. Yesterday i called Nina, she said you were ok.

Thank you very much for time we spent together. You are a beautiful and open hearted woman.

Take care,
Lena

PS My email is le.now.ok(at)gmail.com

Anonymous said...

hey--- hope you're feeling better today---- I found your blog today so I'm happy----- Loved the guys that said "great teachers don't age"-- also like the holiday you are celebrating--- I think Mark and Scott will love us pulling that one out this summer --- Take care-- Love , Deni