Friday, March 7, 2008

Made It to Nizhny (I found one of the posts)

The adventure continued yesterday, the flight got in at four and we then took a van to train stations. Because the traffic was so bad, some of the teachers got off the van with a greeter (university student) and took the Metro to catch their trains. Jeanie and I didn't leave until after ten. The traffic was so bad that we spent four hours going 35 miles. A university student (Sasha) met us at the train station and stayed with us until we got on the train. On the train I shared a coupe (small room) with three others. I had very helpful roommates - two in their early twenties and a mom who worked 12 days in Moscow and then went home for 12 days.



Vladmir Marsha and Nina


I did sleep some so I managed to get through the day but I am very exhausted. The day was filled with meeting many teachers, watching student performances the celebrate the beginning of Spring, visiting the Dean at the Linguistic University and seeing a Russian Ballet tonight - Sleeping Beauty. It was very good but my tired head bobbed a few times.There is so much I want to write but my weary brain can't do it tonight.

No comments: